Yarm, Ellerton, Masham, Grassington, Leyburn and Richmond
Route devised by Terry Murphy
Route Published: September 18, 2016
- Seaton Burn via A19 South via Tyne Tunnel until A174 (often used to go to Whitby).
- Head West on the A1264 passing Yarm Railway Station.
- Turn Right onto the A167 then turning onto the A1263 towards Scorton.
- South onto B6271 towards Northallerton.
- Coffee Stop - Lakeside Farm Shop & Country Café
- Continue south on B6271 towards Northallerton.
- At Yafforth turn right onto Dolly Lane towards the A684. (This is a junction which requires caution due to its position.)
- Turn right onto the A684 towards Leeming Bar and Bedale.
- In Bedale cross over the staggered crossroads onto the B6268.
- Turn right onto the B6267 turning right onto the A6108 towards Masham.
- Filter left onto Nearby Road towards Fearby and Leighton Reservoir leading to
- Turn left to head towards Pateley Bridge.
- Turn right onto B6265 towards Hebden. (Petrol Stop at this junction if required.)
- Suggested lunch stop.
- Continue to Grassington and turning onto A6160.
- Continue via Kettlewell to West Burton and turning right onto A684 towards Leyburn via
- At Leyburn continue onto the A6108 via Bellerby to Richmond. (Petrol Stop in Richmond if required.)
- Continue on A6108 via Skeeby to Scotch Corner.
- Continue on the A1 to Washington Services (North Bound) where the ride ends. (191 miles.)